Friday, December 15, 2006

Day 12: Mr. Holland's Opus Still Makes Me Cry

True story. I know I know its pretty damn gay. It does and you can deal with it. C'mon you know the part. The end. Where Mr. Holland enters the auditorium and everyone stands and cheers and there is that huge banner that says "Good Bye Mr. Holland". Yes it's cheesy. In fact, the whole movie is pretty cheesy. However, Mr. Holland's Opus is very well written and very very well acted. I love Richard Dreyfuss. He's my man.

There is one problem however that rains on my party of buttsexery. How many people, 30 years after the fact, can still play the instrument they played in High School band? Huh? How many? I refuse to believe that Gertrude Lang played by the always pale Joanna Gleason can after 30 years be the Governor of their fine state and still have time to polish up on her clarinet playing. Bullshit! Hogwash! It totally ruins my teary eyed moment. Damn them.

With that aside, I still love Mr. Holland's Opus. I vote it for best movie of all time. Ever. That new Rocky movie may give MHO a run for its money though. I can't wait. Toodles.

Did I mention William H. Macy is in the movie. I'm sure you all knew that already. He's dreamy.

No comments: